Prof Jose Duran's Stimulotherapy and Multifunction System
Time & Location
About the Event
Prof. Dr. José Durán von Arx
Studied Medicine at the University of Barcelona and later Stomatology at the University of Madrid
Head of the Department of Orthodontics at the University of Barcelona
Director of the Master of Orthodontics of the University of Barcelona
Was Director of the Orthodontic Department of Orthodontics at the Children´s Hospital of Barcelona.
Director of the Orthodontic World Institute of Barcelona
More as 300 articles and 3 books have been published
Has published 3 books in the field of orthodontics
Gives courses around the world about his MFS philosophy.
Creator of the MFS philosophy: individualized prescription of the Turrin brackets and stimulotherapy devices.
MFS (multifunction system) is a new diagnosis and treatment philosophy in orthodontics
Based on the codified diagnosis of oral functions.
Oral functions normalization with the use of stimulotherapy devices.
A diagnosis protocol used to calculate the individualization of the brackets torques prescription.
MFS objectives are aesthetics and/or stability at the end of the orthodontic treatment.
MFS (multifunction system) PHILOSOPHY
(SCHEDULE WILL BE INFORMED TO THE CANDIDATE AFTER REGISTRATION)
TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE EXAM AND EARN DIPLOMATE CERTIFICATION PLEASE WHATSAPP +919945703281
1 – CODIFING ORAL FUNCTIONS: It’s a new concept that gives a number to each function:
· Masticatory pattern
· Key factors:
o Nose collapse
o Tongue mobility
o Adenoids hypertrophy
o Tonsils hypertrophy
Oral functions codification is a diagnostic tool that gives to the orthodontist the possibility to evaluate the level of disfunction on each patient and re-evaluate –sometime later- his problem and see if the functional problem is solutioned or not.
2 – MFS STIMULOTHERAPY: Is the possibility to use stimuli in the orofacial area to promote automatized exercises to correct oral dysfunctions. Stimuli sent an afferent sensitive signal to the thalamo-cortical area of the brain and this responds with an efferent motor signal to the muscles around the stimuli.
3 - MFS STIMULOTHERAPY DEVICES: developed to create stimuli during his night time use and promote continuous reflex exercises of the muscles, helping to normalize the oral functions. There are different MFS stimulotherapy devices:
· Nose stimulator
· Mouth obturator
· Lips stimulator
· Musculature relaxant
· Bite plane
· Antibruxismus device
· Open bite device
They work to treat: mouth breathing, nose collapse, snoring, help apnea, lips incompetency, short upper lip with a gummy smile, perioral muscular contraction, bruxism, deep bite, open bite and to protect fixed mechanics from the muscular pattern and promote a faster action of the mechanics…
4 – MFS OCCLUSAL DIAGNOSIS: based on the occlusal analysis and calculating anterior, lateral, and posterior discrepancy. Also using a protocol to calculate the stable position of the lower incisors.
5 – MFS CUSTOMIZED BRACKETS PRESCRIPTION: using a specific protocol to calculate the torques of the brackets, different for each patient. MFS most important objective is stability. For that, we calculate the torques to obtain:
· Lower incisors stability: equilibrium position in relation to the musculature.
· Upper incisors stability: parallelism between the upper central incisors axis and facial growth axis.
· Canines overjet: to protect TMJ functionalism.
· Permolars inner intercuspation: for a better function.
· Molars inclination: to establish a posterior pee curve.
6 – NEW AESTHETIC AND SELFLIGATING BRACKET: that could be passive or active, using the MFS customized brackets prescription.
7 – MFS MECHANICS: using Niquel-Titanium wires during all the orthodontic treatment, the most time with upper Spee curve and lower antiSpee curve. We used also a new concept of anterior anchorage with anterior retainers.
8 – USE OF MFS STIMULOTHERAPY DEVICES DURING FIXED APPLIANCES THERAPY: there are two ways to use them:
· To control oral dysfunctions as aetiological factors that can promote relapse.
· To help the mechanics in the treatment of open bites and deep bites.
· To maintain a lower arch in centric relation during the treatment.
· To protect orthodontic treatment from bruxism.
9 – A HOLISTIC CONCEPT IN ORTHODONTICS: that promote:
· Integration of functionalism with fixed mechanics.
· Preventing relapse, searching stability at the end of the treatment.
· Customizing brackets prescription and mechanics for each patient, using anterior and posterior anchorage methods.
COURSE - 1: (3 days course)
“Stimulotherapy – Functional appliances – Stability with fixed appliances”
· Introduction: function and form
· Key point: relapse in orthodontics
· Negative oral stimuli as an aetiological factor of teeth malpositions and malocclusions
· Positive oral stimuli controlling oral functions
· Oral Functions codification, objective diagnosis of functions
· Stimulotherapy MFS devices: description and clinical use
· Protocole of the treatment of different oral dysfunctions
· Clinical cases treatment evaluated with videos: oral dysfunctions normalization
· Historical clinical cases with functional evaluation
· Functional appliances: a statistical study on the treatment of class II/1 malocclusion with different functional appliances: monobloc. Fränkel a Sander
· Functional appliances used in mixed dentition
· Functional appliances used with fixed mechanics (brackets)
· MFS Diagnosis: occlusogram and protocol for the calculation of the torque of an individualized prescription of the brackets: stability at the end of the treatment
· MFS mechanics: use of Ni-Ti wires and his clinical results
· Clinical cases using self-ligating brackets; new aesthetic self-ligating interactive bracket
- Early bird for 3DaysINR 18,000INR 18,0000INR 0